As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking a Chef de Partie to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The Chef de Partie has oversight of the scheduled kitchen team providing leadership as it relates to the food production, health and safety, sanitation and food stock while providing direct support to the Culinary Leadership/ Executive Chef. The environment is bustling as there are three (3) large kitchens within the property that provide full food and beverage services to our local, hotel and business guests. This role provides every opportunity to continue developing a career in the art of culinary, opening up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality industry.
- Responsible for operating a designated station in assigned kitchen
- Responsible for the supervision of all on shift cooks in absence of the Sous Chef
- Ensures assigned food station is up to department standards, and equipment meets health and safety standards
- Ensures opening and closing procedures are followed for assigned station
- Ensures the culinary team start and end shifts on time inclusive of break schedules
- Ensures quality food products are delivered in a timely manner and presented appropriately
- Oversees the correct preparation of all special dietary requests as per established guidelines
- Oversees the delivery of daily specials, ensuring they are of 4-star quality and align with the established vision of the restaurant
- Shows dedication to a creative and positive work environment, fostering a collaborative approach with all F&B team members
- Communicates with all F&B team members, ensuring operational information is passed along to all shift leaders
- Supports the Executive Chefs in event tastings by recording all client comments and taking pictures of the food produced
- 3-5 years of previous culinary experience preferably within a Hotel / Resort environment
- Production and Banquet experience is preferred
- Working towards a career in culinary
- Working towards a culinary diploma
- Is Food Safe Level 1 Certified
- Has well rounded understanding of kitchen operations
- Is self-disciplined with a sincere desire to provide an elevated guest experience
- Continually demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Self-starts on tasks and can respond to varying business volumes as they relate to impacts on the kitchen
- Is physically capable of working in a fast-paced environment and safely lift heavy loads around 35kg.