Grow your career with a company that shares your passion. Our Healthcare Division is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Chef Manager for our site in Scarborough, Ontario.
Working with our client, you will be required to use your strong kitchen, financial and people management skills. Red Seal Chef certification is required for this opportunity.
At Sodexo we care and serving others is our purpose. This generates an authentic sense of pride for us. Improving the Quality of life for everyone we come into contact with is our North Star. If you want to catch the Sodexo Spirit, join our team!
As the Chef Manager you will be responsible for successfully coordinating and directing food service activities. This role will require your strong knowledge and background working inventory and food service management. You will drive a standard and consistency in food, food service delivery as well as foster a fun environment. Working with your creativity, you will build and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship including: high levels of client and customer satisfaction and account retention; strong interpersonal relations; as well as foster a strong safety culture.
Growth and Development:
- Experience working with high volume catering, large kitchen experience is mandatory
- 7+ years working with operations experience at the managerial/supervisory level within unionized environments
- Proven success in managing food services operations in a hospitality or healthcare setting
- Effective oral and written communication skills are needed
- Management experience in a unionized environment
- Experience creating and following an established budget
- Strong ability to manage and promote a safe work environment
- Effective planning, organizing, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to select and develop people
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Serving Clients and Customers
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Quality Assurance and Safety
- Diversity Awareness
- Drive and Dependability
- Interpersonal Relations
Who We Are:
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world.
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
“We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.”
*Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. *