CHEF – PERMANENT FULL TIME/ROTATION
Yellowknife, NT – Snare River Hydro Camp
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT KIPNIK
Kipnik Inc. is an Inuvialuit owned company that provides customized maintenance and operations, support services, airport services, and wildlife security solutions throughout the Canadian Arctic. Kipnik has a strong track record of providing staff for projects throughout the north and is committed to operating with the mandate of developing long term socio-economic benefits for Indigenous Peoples, businesses and communities. From remote wildlife monitoring to trades and general labour, Kipnik provides high quality service and flexibility in the harshest and most remote locations. Committed to ensuring their clients' safety and needs, they provide their expertise in each unique circumstance to deliver skilled service solutions.
ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Kipnik is currently bidding on a contract for Snare River Hydro Camp. Kipnik is seeking a Chef for this possible future opportunity. If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you.
The Chef position is located in Yellowknife, NT and typically reports directly to the Kipnik President. Their primary focus is to prepare and serve meals for site employees in accordance with approved cycle menu, in sufficient quantities and quality, includes preparing dishes for those with food allergies or other dietary restrictions under the direction of Kipnik's President.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure safe and sanitary work environment
- Menu /meal planning based on master schedule
- Management of food costs and inventory control. Receipt /storage/inventory and documentation of food management
- Maintain and inspect all kitchen and food dispensing and storage areas
- Implement food service in compliance with the Food Safety Code of Practice
- This position will be required to travel to a remote northern locations and subject to inclement weather conditions. Work will take place both indoors and outdoors, at times be physically demanding.
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free; wear personal protective equipment
- Prepare personal timesheets
- Communicates Effectively
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A years of B experience in C industry
A: Intermediate: 3-5
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Red Seal Endorsed Chef or Chef with Culinary Diploma
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of:
- Willing and able to travel; camp accommodations are provided, flights are provided from Yellowknife to the Snare Hydro camp
- Safe food handling certificate
- Bear awareness training (considered an asset)
- Firearms safety certificate (considered an asset)
- Standard First Aid trained with CPR Level A
- Security clearance requirements – Criminal Record Check
- License requirements class 5
- Excellent written and verbal skills (English)
Kipnik is equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage a diversity of applicants. Through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and skills development, we are committed to providing meaningful and sustainable economic benefits for Inuit and Inuvialuit Beneficiaries and their communities. If you are a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
Kipnik welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If you are an existing Kipnik employee, please notify your supervisor
of your interest and intent to apply before applying.
Explore all opportunities at Kipnik