Title: Chemical Cleaning Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Saint John, NB
We are a leading, vertically integrated provider of essential environmental and industrial services in Canada for industrial, commercial and institutional end markets, including the manufacturing, mining, construction, refining and petrochemical, waste management and remediation, institutional, transportation, pulp and paper, utilities and oil and gas sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ over 2,100 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations, coast to coast.
We are uniquely suited to address both the simple and complex environmental service needs of a sophisticated customer base through our highly specialized network of facilities, broad portfolio of service capabilities, deep understanding of the waste volumes we manage, and robust health and safety and regulatory compliance programs. Our comprehensive portfolio of services, including onsite and field services and collection, processing, recovery and disposal, allows us to manage the lifecycle of waste streams from point of generation through ultimate resolution, with an orientation towards minimizing disposal and maximizing the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Chemical Cleaning Supervisor will be responsible for creating a zero harm environment, maintaining efficient day-to-day operations, and for the supervision of the Chemical Cleaning staff.
- Ensure on-site operations are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures, within permit conditions and to customer specifications with a significant focus on health and safety
- Job walks with customer representatives to collect the proper information to quote and plan work
- Logistical support and planning of personnel, equipment and materials required for work
- Allocates work and provides subject matter guidance to team and other departments; train new workers in the organizations operating procedures, processes and policies
- Oversee that all processes, machines and equipment operate safely; troubleshoot process problems and identify/recommend opportunities for improvement and optimization; perform preventative maintenance routines on equipment where required
- Supervise daily operations and provide leadership to the operating team
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports utilizing Annual Performance Reviews, Job Task Observations (JTO’s), Vital 9s and Hazard Assessments to reinforce or correct specific behaviors
- Maintain proper documentation including daily log books, maintenance records, safety and environmental reports, etc. as required
- Lead tool box talks and attend safety meetings on a regular basis and provide support as needed; identify and recommend improvements to existing operations in order to improve safety performance
- Report all incidents, safety infractions, non-compliance issues and participate in the investigation and development of corrective actions for each
- Execute job procedures and complete work reports as required
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning, experience setting up and executing jobs
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Minimum of five (5) years Industrial or Chemical Cleaning experience
- Minimum of two (2) years in a leadership, managerial or supervisory role
- Class 3 or 5 Drivers’ License
- Ability to travel across North America to support project work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop safe operating procedures
- Highly self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal guidance;
- Proven ability to make sound decisions in high pressure situations, on budget and within deadline;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.