Based in Alberta, the CEO will be responsible for the strategic growth, development, and performance of the business, replacing the longstanding current CEO who has departed for personal reasons. With overall profit-and-loss responsibility, the CEO is responsible for achieving the Company’s growth and objectives, enthusiastically leading and operating the concept, while overseeing all aspects of the business, operations, marketing, sales, finance and related corporate support functions. The incoming CEO must have an understanding of, and appreciation for, the entrepreneurial culture that propelled PURE to its current success – S/he must maintain the best parts of this culture within the organization, while establishing key operational process that helps the Company scale to its full potential.
In doing so, the CEO will work closely with the company's highly supportive private equity partners, ONCAP, and the Board of Directors/Advisors.
- Provide overall strategic direction to the business by leading a regular strategic planning process which produces a clear and compelling corporate vision and mid- and long-term business objectives that maximize the value of the business through both revenue growth and other profit-enhancing initiatives. Strategic planning will include the evaluation of growth initiatives outside of the gaming industry (e.g. consumer entertainment, hospitality, restaurants, etc.). Work closely with the Board of Directors to secure approval and support for the plan.
- Define and gain approval for the Company's annual business plan, operating budget, marketing programs and capital budget as a function of the strategic plan and current priorities, and manage ongoing performance against those budgets.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the senior leadership team to leverage their knowledge of the sector and business operations and assist in their development as a senior executive.
- Work with the senior leadership team to continue to improve internal performance metrics and continue to implement improved reporting mechanisms to ensure timely and consistent monitoring of the execution of the strategic and annual operating plan.
- Develop and execute an organizational plan and structure that details the organization’s personnel needs as a function of business opportunities and challenges.
- Provide overall business direction to the Company.
- Actively introduce and participate in new/existing revenue and profit-enhancing initiatives (marketing, operations, customer loyalty, live entertainment, and training, etc.).
- Serve as the primary ambassador for the Company to numerous external constituencies including customers, suppliers, business partners, regulators, and industry associations. This includes a dedicated effort to strengthen PURE’s relationship with the AGLC.
- Interact regularly with the Company’s private equity partner including monthly meetings or discussions to review the financial results and quarterly board meetings to focus on broader strategic initiatives.
- Provide leadership and strategic oversight of acquisitions and integration activities.
Candidate Key Selection Criteria
The ideal CEO candidate will be a highly accomplished consumer services / hospitality executive looking for an opportunity to further grow a stable platform with a talented and entrepreneurial management team.
- Experience: The ideal candidate possesses several years of business experience in the North American (ideally Canadian) gaming, lodging, restaurant & leisure, consumer entertainment sector culminating in at least one President/CEO role for a minimum of three years at an organization with revenue in excess of $100 mm. Preference will be given to individuals who have gaming experience. Prior experience within private equity owned businesses is preferred but not required.
- Track Record: A proven track record of success profitably growing multiple-facility businesses, creating value for investors and building strong and sustained teams as the CEO/President.
- Strategically Minded yet Detailed Task Master: A vital part of this role will be helping the senior leadership team to develop their strategic plans and holding them accountable in a methodical and organized way.
- Style: Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and an exceptional listener who relates to a variety of styles and can build trust and consensus in a collegial team. The ability to be a “mentor” to all key lieutenants in a positive but firm way when necessary.
- Understanding the Drivers of Shareholder Value: Desire to invest in the business and appreciation for the value of equity-related incentives.
- Character: Respected for business ethics, integrity and common-sense approach with a rational but appropriate emotionally aware manner.
- Geography/Travel: Willing and able to relocate to Alberta (Edmonton or Calgary) and willingness to travel given the geographic dispersion of business.
- Education: An undergraduate degree (required) and an MBA (preferred but not required).
Why This is a Compelling Opportunity
An ability to be part of a market leading, growing, strong cash flow business with a tremendous team and culture.
Opportunity to partner with a very well respected and highly supportive investor group seeking to continue to build the Company for the next several years prior to a potentially lucrative liquidity event.
Significant wealth creation opportunity available through equity investment and incentive.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. A customized package, including base salary and target incentive bonus and equity, will be developed to attract the finalist candidate. A customized and competitive benefits package will be developed to attract the final candidate, based on the final candidate’s experience and qualifications. The finalist candidate will have an opportunity to invest in the Company alongside the current private equity ownership and senior management team and participate in the Company’s equity incentive plan allowing for the potential for significant wealth creation. Eligible for salary increase in excess of 2%.
Business Address Location:
Potential of Edmonton, Alberta. - Headquarters: 7055 Argyll Rd NW, Edmonton AB, T6C 4A5 Calgary Address: 1420 Meridian Rd NE, Calgary, AB, T2A 2N9
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested in this opportunity, please respond to: CalgaryApplications@kornferry.com