Dosecann is a Canadian cannabis company dedicated to developing Cannabis Solutions for the global cannabis industry. Proudly located in Charlottetown, PEI, Dosecann has assembled a world-class team housed in a purpose-built, 42,000sqft GMP compliant facility that will be the hub for cannabis extraction, product innovation and formulation, R&D, quality testing and manufacturing.
Dosecann is currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dosecann, and the VP, Finance of Dosecann’s parent company, Auxly Cannabis Group Inc., you will serve as a key member on the executive team, primarily responsible for managing the financial actions of the company, as well as supporting the overall strategic business objectives in a rapidly growing company.
The CFO’s duties include tracking cash flow and financial planning, analyzing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions, and assisting in the establishment and maintenance of financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
Dosecann is looking to hire an enthusiastic, motivated and strategically minded professional to fill the position of CFO - a collaborative, results-oriented and forward-thinking executive who has the expertise to work under IFRS reporting standards and a CPA / CA designation.
Dosecann is expanding rapidly with a very strong financial backing. This person must be highly flexible, adaptable, and nimble when it comes to making executive decisions quickly. They need to bring a roll up your sleeves attitude and act as a pioneer as the company expands their resources and personnel.
The key candidate will be a performance driven team player, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Together with the executive management team, develop and recommend an annual operating plan and financial budget that supports the company's long-term strategy.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial controls and supporting information systems of the corporation.
- Together with the CEO, approve and coordinate changes and improvements to disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and take steps to enhance, where necessary, the internal control systems within the company.
- Keep management and other stakeholders aware of the financial position and financial development of the company.
- Develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive the financial performance of the company.
- Develop costing strategies for complex processes.
- Coordinate with the tax division of the company, and review/prepare any schedules required for tax planning and compliance.
- Ensure proper training of all personnel working on financial, accounting, audit or fiscal matters.
- Oversee and monitor the company's financial position, banking and financing activities and capital.
- Responsible for economic forecasting and modelling.
- Preparing technical analysis for complex accounting issues and play a key role in establishing company-wide accounting policies.
- Ensure the adequacy of the company's insurance coverage.
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance for the company.
- Oversee and monitor information technology, leaseholds and procurement.
- Review and approve, in consultation with appropriate stakeholders, the company's annual and interim earnings releases, financial statements and management discussion and analysis.
- Coordinate the annual audit (and any special or non-recurring audit) with the company's external auditors.
- Coordinate the review, and liaise with the external auditors as required, of all financial information disclosed in any offering documents of the corporation.
- Oversee the company's processes for identifying, assessing and managing the principal risks of business.
- Ensure the information communicated to the public fairly portrays the position of the company.
- Represent the company in a way that enhances and maintains the company's reputation.
- Establish and maintain lines of communications with the investor community and partner with Director of Communications to ensure the dissemination of the Company press releases, annual report, communications with analysts and the media and investor relations.
- Perform other functions related to the office of the CFO or as may be reasonably requested by the Company's CEO or Board.
- Overseeing corporate development initiatives, on as needed basis.
- Provide training and support to finance staff.
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, finance, accounting, or an industry-appropriate field
- CA, CPA
- 10+ years of progressively more difficult management experience in the financial industry
- Publicly traded company experience, a must
- Manufacturing and CPG industry experience an advantage, but not required
- Extensive experience and knowledge in dealing with accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, and business planning
- Experience with coaching and development of management-level employees
- A clear and solid understanding of the issues faced by the organization and the industry
- Corp Development/ M&A Experience (Buy side and sell side)
- Scale-up experience strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Experience with budget preparation and management
- Sound understanding of risk management
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability