Reos Partners is a global management consultancy firm which specializes in helping people move forward together on their most important and intractable issues. We design, facilitate, and guide processes that enable teams of stakeholders—even those who don’t understand or agree with or trust one another—to make progress on their toughest challenges. Our approach is systemic, collaborative, and creative.
We partner with governments, corporations, and civil society organizations on challenges such as education, health, food, energy, environment, development, justice, security, and peace. Our work is pragmatic, professional, and tailored to the needs of the specific situation.
Reos Partners is currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee and direct the financial operations of our Canadian, American and South African operations. You will be working at our Toronto office, located at 786 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1N6.
This is a permanent position, based on 30 hours per week. Further information respecting the position can be found below.
As CFO, you will be responsible for planning, overseeing and directing the financial operations of our Canadian, American and South African operations. This includes the development of a financial and operational strategy and its related metrics, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to report accurate financial results and preserve each company’s assets. Duties will also include the following:
- Planning, overseeing and directing the financial operations of our Canadian, American and South African operations;
- Establishing, reviewing and approving the company’s strategic direction for all financial functions, including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury;
- Formulating financial policies and procedures to support the company’s vision and direction, and overseeing implementation across each entity;
- Executing multiple high impact initiatives to achieve overall corporate goals;
- Developing financial control systems which provide accurate financial results and preserve each company’s assets while remaining in full compliance with each country’s federal and/or state regulations;
- Providing leadership and strategic guidance to Reo’s Finance and Operations teams;
- Managing processes for financial forecasting and budgeting;
- Overseeing the preparation of all financial statements, management reports and tax filings for each entity;
- Reviewing and authorizing multinational transactions to minimize exchange rate implications;
- Providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs;
- Evaluating capital finance proposals and advising on investment strategies;
- Providing annual variance analysis of projects against budgets, and assessing financial status of operational projects;
- Analysing financial reports, tracking cashflow and reporting results to the Managing Director; and
- Managing and maintaining knowledge of Canadian, American and South African tax legislation, including Federal (Canada & U.S.), State Taxes (U.S.), Provincial Taxes (Canada), GST/QST (Canada), and various Tax Acts as per the South African Revenue Service (e.g. Corporate Income Tax, Provisional Tax, Value Added Tax and Payroll Tax).
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of directly related experience
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior financial manager role
- At least 5 years of experience working with a global or multinational corporation
- Proven knowledge of international tax systems including Canada, United States, and South Africa
- Proficient in Xero, Expensify, Asana, Forecast and Harvest
- Xero Partner Certification/Advisor Certified is an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively (ideas, concepts, strategies, plans, etc.) with objective argumentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Logical and systematic approach to solving analytical tasks
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, IT, finance, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to financial management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills with prior experience mentoring teams with diverse levels of expertise
- Willing to invest time to increase knowledge base and competencies individually and through collective growth
- High level of initiative and responsibility with a dedication to quality
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgement
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel
We’re offering an annual base salary of $140,000 per year (based on 30 hours of work per week), plus 40 days of paid vacation per year. Eligible for incremental raises in accordance with standard company policies.
If you are interested in the position, and meet all of our qualifications, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter must clearly outline how you meet the requirements of the position.
Reos Canada Inc. (DBA Reos Partners)
925 Boul de Maisonneuve Ouest, #212
Bonus and Profit Sharing