Chief Maintenance Engineer (Mine) - (Rocanville, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Mine Maintenance Superintendent
What you will do:
- Direct and leads the engineering team
- Ensure team compliance with APEGS bylaws and other applicable regulations
- Responsible for the Structural, Mechanical and Electrical integrity programs on site
- Lead plant upgrades at site while site continues to operate
- Promote and introduces industry best practices and technologies to engineering and operations teams
- Oversee the workflow for department including the review, approval and prioritization of identified maintenance engineering tasks
- Coordinate with other internal engineering groups to ensure alignment of priorities, tasks and department goals
- Develop strategy for engineering structure & activities that meet the objective of operations and maintenance team
- Responsible for achieving departmental project quality, budget and schedule goals targets
- Participate in and conducts meetings with site managers to discuss current and future plans
- Provide reactive support to milling / mining as required
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management
- Responsible for the CWB program
- Manage, mentors and grows team of engineers to ensure maximum performance of the team
- Manage an engineering team of up to 14 employees
- Instill a sense of urgency within the maintenance engineering team
- Deliver and promotes stretch performance from staff
- Provide leadership for corporate initiatives
What you will bring:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical / Industrial Systems/Electrical Engineering or related function, with a Professional Engineer designation registered in Saskatchewan
- Potash mining experience would be a preference
- Safety commitment and leadership
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to lead and develop
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran