CIB Financial Reporting Production Head
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The CIB Financial Reporting Team is responsible for the production and review of all required financial reports and ensures their correctness, consistency, and issuance. Reports in scope include the US GAAP Report, the Quarterly/Monthly Management Packages, and Monthly Close.
The Associate Vice President will be required to build a strong expertise on financial reporting and on the banking business model as a whole, in order to navigate across a number of specific subjects, largely to improve financial reporting, but also internal reporting to management.
• Contribute to the financial reporting process of Corporate & Investment Banking through the production of timely and accurate financial statements and reports
• Contribute to the execution of the 1st level control framework, including continuous review and refinement, through the performance of report reconciliations and variance analysis
• Maintain knowledge of the bank’s financial reporting tools, general ledgers, offered products and its related activities
• Maintain well-documented and complete work papers, procedures and other relevant materials supporting report production (e.g. analysis, reconciliation results and break resolution, approach changes, review and sign-off, etc.)
• Document and report issues identified during production. Coordinate with stakeholders to determine tactical and strategic solution; following through to issue resolution
• Perform research on changes on new regulatory reporting requirements and accounting standards and its impact to the group’s reporting
• Support regulatory and audit requests, including process walkthroughs, data collection, report explains, and detailed analysis
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years of financial accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Strong understanding of Banking, Accounting, and Finance-related processes and concepts with a strong understanding of a Bank’s financial statements
• Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and systems
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, or both; Master’s degree preferred
• 3 years of Public Accounting and financial statement preparation experience
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS concepts and practices
• Strong Accounting background with solid general ledger experience.
• CPA preferred
• Knowledge of FBO and IHC requirements preferred
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
• Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.