The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 400 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
The Cellar Supply Hand will be responsible for all aspects of the cidery production work and forklift activities from weighing bins, loading the line and including sorting of fruit and daily cleaning. Due to the nature of the line and the work performed, we require workers who can multitask through a rotation of activities. All duties must be performed in a safe manner to ensure compliance with government regulations, industry standards and customer requirements to ensure both food and workers safety.
• Follow all pertinent Food Safe procedures as required and detailed under the Food Safety program and your training.
• Weigh individual bins.
• Load line prior to start up and feed lines throughout shift.
• Put away bins in properly marked locations and maintain organization.
• Physical stacking may be required.
• Sorting of fruit, including but not limited to clearing of leaves, debris and rot.
• Making boxes, splitting of 4 pack plastic rings, splitting of pallets.
• Pressing of 4 pack plastic rings on to cans, using a pull down lever.
• Loading of packs in to boxes, then boxes on to pallets.
• Cleaning duties, including but not limited to squeegee of floor, spray down conveyor belts and assisting Line Operator with unloading the press and spraying off mash.
• Assist Cellar Machine Operator in operation of the Dumper and clearing out clogged press (in order to safely stop press, lift cover and clear out clogs).
• Assist in safely operating pump when necessary and directed by management. Maintaining pump activity.
• Other duties as assigned by Management within the context of the Cellar Forklift Operator role.
• Forklift certification will be required.
• Be willing to submit to periodic proficiency testing as Management deems necessary.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow employees and Management.
• Be able to work with or without direct supervision, individually or part of a team.
• Well organized with the ability to maintain and keep clear, detailed records with legible hand writing
• Be physically capable to perform all duties as required, including heavy labour, sustained strenuous physical activity and repetitive above shoulder to lower pressing down arm movements. Involves repetitive lifting of 30lb boxes and 50lb machine parts. Also may involve use of stairs and heights up to 20 feet.
• Be able to work in a wet environment.
• Be comfortable working around moving equipment and machinery.
• Be reliable and maintain above average attendance.
• Be able to perform tasks to the required standards.
• Must be able to work all shifts, including afternoons, evenings and weekends, 8 hour or 10 hour shifts, as required. Overtime will be required at times in order to meet strict production deadlines.
• Winery cellar experience would be an asset.
• Must be able to successfully pass an alcohol and drug test.