Overview / Responsibilities
Make an impression in a global engineering & environmental consulting firm ranked #1 Top International Design Firm in ENR’s 2019 ranking.
Wood is hiring Civil / Construction Materials Engineering Technicians / Technologists in our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group in Dartmouth, NS. We offer an excellent remuneration package with benefits, extensive safety training, and opportunities for diverse experiences and professional development.
We are looking for dedicated individuals with aptitude in hands on practicality and knowledge of basic engineering properties and interested in working in a state of the art AASHTO and CSA certified testing facility. The successful candidate will perform routine field and/or laboratory materials testing, collect field samples of soils and construction materials and perform a wide variety of tests to determine acceptability of materials based on engineering properties.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field
- Materials testing experience is not required but experience in the construction industry would be beneficial
- Training will be provided to the successful candidates in the field best suited to their skills
- All candidates must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills and detailed reporting skills
- Eligibility to obtain a Nova Scotia Driver’s License - required
- Ability to travel and work on out-of-town projects (hotel stays), if required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.