Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, transportation, land development, structural, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
Join our team of local professionals working in the great community of Campbell River that boasts all the amenities of urban living next to some of the most spectacular natural settings in the world!
McElhanney Ltd. has an opportunity for a Civil Design Technician to join our team in Campbell River, BC. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity in Civil/Municipal Engineering, with skills to be utilized on a wide variety of Engineering projects. The ideal individual will come with solid experience in dealing with municipal engineering projects including land development, stormwater management; floodplain management, as well as pumping and treatment systems.
- Work as part of a team in the cost effective, proper and timely production of engineering, and construction designs, drawings, and plans, that meet established requirements and standards
- Transform preliminary concepts and sketches into engineering designs or legal survey plans and project informational requirements, using AutoCAD Civil 3D, as well as other technical software as needed
- Assist with preparation of documents required for approvals, assist with development and construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts, and with coordination with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality standards are achieved
- May provide construction supervision and/or administrative duties for transportation and municipal projects
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Design Drafting Technology from an accredited university or college with 3-5 years’ experience in transportation and/or municipal design and construction
- Proficiency in drafting using AutoCAD and Civil 3D Software is essential, knowledge and experience with Infraworks, MicroStation, InRoads, RoadEng, Infraworks, and/or other CAD/Mapping/GIS software is also an asset
- Currently registered, or qualified to register as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTBC
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and within a busy and high-performing team
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Known as the “Salmon Capital of the World”, Campbell River is located on the east coast of Vancouver Island and offers sensational other outdoor recreation opportunities including kayaking, hiking, skiing, whale-watching, fishing and golfing. Residents of Campbell River enjoy year round mild climates, spectacular views and a thriving arts community. This coupled with all the amenities of an urban centre yet the friendliness of a small community, make Campbell River a great place to live and work..
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.