With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Our Rail and Transitteam is growing! We are currently seeking highly motivated engineers and designers to join our team.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology. Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
About the role:
- Designing track and railway infrastructure in accordance with the quality objectives and regulations, laws and standards; (ex. Metrolinx, CN, CP and AREMA)
- Designing capabilities within rail and transit is essential
- Producing and checking a wide variety of track designs, grading models, DTM surface and applicable details
- Being able to work with LIDAR point clouds, manage, verify and control surveys and geographic data for design needs
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations in health and safety related to design
- Hold a diploma or degree in civil engineering
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in track design, from conceptual to detailed design
- Experience in civil infrastructure, DTM surfaces, alignment, grading and drainage design, and construction would be an asset
- Experience working for an engineering consultancy within the rail sector is an asset
- Having experience in the use and application of railway industry standards
- Proficiency withMicrostation and AutoCAD; Revit, Civil 3D, or other relevant authoring software; andNavisworks
- An innovative thinker capable of challenging existing practices to arrive at effective solutions;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to switch between tasks and assignments as required
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments
Why join us?
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.