Dillon is an established, employee-owned professional consulting firm at the intersection of planning, management, engineering, and environmental science. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Engineer in our Windsor office.
- Project management for the completion of functional and detailed designs for municipal infrastructure and land development projects related to road works, site servicing, water supply, sewers, and storm water management,
- Management of design team activities, direction to project team members including junior engineers and technical support staff, and ongoing support to client relationship managers
- Liaison with public and private sector clients, government review and approval agencies, utility companies, sub-consultants and subcontractors
- Development of project proposal preparation and contribution to client relationships and new business development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
- A degree in civil engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Ontario, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- Seven to 15 years’ experience
- Previous consulting experience will be considered a significant asset
- Experienced in the design of various municipal infrastructure including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, storm water management works; familiarity with site servicing works for land development and trenchless design would also be an asset
- Proficient in the full range of design activities including preparation of functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation and tendering
- Experience with contract administration services and requirements
- Expert knowledge of municipal servicing standards; familiarity with provincial regulatory requirements for environmental approvals would be an asset
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination
- Proficient in project proposal preparation and presentation
Dillon is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities and people. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be made available. To request for accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.