Dillon is a well established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Engineer for ourYellowknife office.
- Project management, functional and detailed design for municipal infrastructure projects related to water supply, sewers, treatment facilities, roads, site servicing and waste management
- Coordination of design team activities, direction to project team members including junior engineers and technical support staff, and ongoing support to client relationship managers
- Liaison with public and private sector clients, government review and approval agencies, sub-consultants and subcontractors
- Assistance with project proposal preparation and contribution to client relationships and new business development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching and mentoring
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
- A degree in civil engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in NWT, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Experienced in the design of various municipal infrastructure including water supply systems, sewage systems, roadways, stormwater management works and/or waste management facilities; familiarity with site servicing works for land development would also be an asset
- Proficient in the full range of design activities including preparation of functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation and tendering
- Familiarity with contract administration services and requirements
- Working knowledge of municipal servicing standards; familiarity with provincial regulatory requirements for environmental approvals would be an asset
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination
- Proficient in project proposal preparation and presentations
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.