We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, were defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Integrity We do what is right.
- Partnerships We work together.
- Excellence We pursue design excellence.
- Innovation We embrace ingenuity.
- Community We build community.
Technicians and Technologists thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. IBI Group works in multiple disciplines and in collaborate on larger initiatives. Our Team has the opportunity to work on unique and leading-edge projects with a local focus to make a global difference.
Our Waterloo office offers services in Engineering, Planning, Architecture and Landscape Architecture with projects ranging across Canada and internationally. This position would be within the Civil Engineering department providing CAD drafting and design for both public and private infrastructure projects. Our projects range from small site plans, to large subdivisions, to local residential road reconstructions, to large arterial roadways.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity where your skills and experience will make a difference? Are you looking to complete interesting projects in a variety of locations? Do you want to play a central role in the development and continued growth of a civil engineering design group? If so, come discover what IBI Group has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career you can DefineDiscover It!
Here's How We Work:
- Participate on various project teams to coordinate and assist with a wide variety of municipal, residential, commercial, industrial and institutional projects, including functional servicing, preliminary and final designs, and contract administration;
- Work independently in conjunction with Project Management staff, senior CADD staff, and other disciplines to develop, co-ordinate and prepare designs for a variety of Civil engineering projects;
- Prepare detailed design drawings for land development and municipal projects, including underground and surface infrastructure;
- Assist in the identification of design constraints and conflicts and help identify unique solutions to engineering challenges;
- Prepare final contract drawings for approval and tender; and,
- Complete quantity take-offs and prepare construction cost estimates.
You'll Need to Have:
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Registration as a CET, or eligible for registration;
- Minimum 4 to 6years of design/drafting experience in municipal engineering design;
- Experience with design and construction of underground sewer and water infrastructure;
- Experience with Transportation and Municipal projects is an asset;
- Strong working knowledge and experience with AutoCADCivil 3D, Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Self-motivated, resourceful and team-oriented, with proven track record;
- Knowledge of stormwater management and low impact development strategies would be a benefit;
- Microstation and InRoads software experience is an asset;
- Effective communication in the English language (verbal and written);
- Ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines;
- Must have a strong aptitude for learning and growth; and,
- Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of the team.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record. #IBI