Dillon is an established, employee-owned professional consulting firm at the intersection of planning, management, engineering, and environmental science. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Engineering Technologist in our London office.
- Contribution to the design of a wide variety of engineering projects including transportation (roads, highways and bridge structures), municipal engineering, land development, waste management, flood protection, sediment and erosion control and construction observation
- Contribution to written reports including preparation of figures and drawings
- Coordination and collaboration with other staff in the London office and across the country on larger, multi-discipline assignments
- Assistance with business development and proposal preparation as required
- Assistance with fieldwork such as construction observation, monitoring and data collection activities
- Business travel upon request
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or similar
- Eligible for registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist with OACETT upon completion of the mandatory work requirement
- Five to 10 years of professional related work experience would be considered an asset
- Assistance with functional and detailed design of integrated transportation and municipal infrastructure including roads, structural bridges, sewers, water mains and drainage works
- Experience with surveying data including point clouds, surfaces and contours
- Experience with current AutoCAD and Civil 3D software
- Working knowledge of Microstation/InRoads and Revit software will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of relevant municipal/provincial engineering standards and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills with a commitment to technical excellence
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
Dillon is committed to employment equity and workplace diversity. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities and people. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be made available. To request for accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.