We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow.
We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, were defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity We do what is right.
Partnerships We work together.
Excellence We pursue design excellence.
Innovation We embrace ingenuity.
Community We build community.
Heres how we work:
We are currently seeking a Civil Technologist for our London, Ontario IBI Group office to assist with our continued project workload. This role provides an opportunity to work in a small office with ties to the resources and projects of a much larger firm. The opportunity will involve varied and extensive project work in all of our areas of our practice working alongside seasoned veterans and recent graduates alike.
What does this mean for you? The opportunity to work on unique and leading-edge projects with a local focus to make a difference in the community you live in. Our preferred candidate will be a graduate of a Civil engineering technology program, with a minimum of 2 years practical experience in infrastructure design, land development projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D.. Eligibility or progression towards registration as CET through OACETT will be considered an asset.
Most of the things youll work on:
Providing civil engineering design and technical support for land development and municipal infrastructure reconstruction; including calculations, Civil 3D design, and construction drawing review.
Assisting to prepare proposals, feasibility studies, preliminary design, engineering specifications, and contract documents
Coordinating and working with fellow project team members
Undertaking such other tasks of an engineering nature required to carry out the work for our clients
You'll need to have:
- A graduate of a Civil Engineering Technology program with a minimum of 2 years of practical design experience;
- Site inspection of servicing on private or municipal projects;
- Intermediate to proficient skills with AutoCAD Civil 3D design software; knowledge of GIS would be a benefit
- Excellent drafting skills with good knowledge of drawing set-up and production
- Experience in the production of municipal servicing, roads, land development designs
- Knowledgeable in SWM principles and competent to complete simple analysis
- Strong general computer skills;
- Good communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality work under changing circumstances
- An open mind to design options and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with others
- Committed to ongoing personal and professional development
The London Ontario office has 12 Civil Engineering professionals, technologists and a Planner. The office is steps away from a bus route, or should you wish to ride your bike or drive, there is free parking for both.
- Free parking
- Coffee, Tea, Water
- BBQs in the summer
- Christmas party
- Flexible hours
- Tickets to sporting events are offered to staff
IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick/vacation/holidays/training/professional development, and much more.IBI Grouppays association dues and licensing fees. The office is close to bus routes and there is access to parking lots close by.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record.