MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for an experienced Estimator to join our rapidly growing team! If you are a math wizard and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a fun and dynamic team, this is the opportunity for you.
Our client is a multidisciplinary construction service provider specializing in all civil works and excavation such as site services, residential subdivisions, roads, highways, bridges, excavation, shoring, commercial site development and large industrial infrastructure projects.
Based out of our Kelowna office, and working with a team of talented professionals, you will prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for a variety of Civil and/or Excavation & Shoring projects.
What you'll do:
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to assess overall project scope, timelines, requirements and associated risk; monitor addenda for alterations of terms and scope
- Compile and analyze cost data including reviewing historical data
- Consult with subcontractors, suppliers and other stakeholders regarding invitations, pricing, addenda, schedules, tender/bid closings; reviews bid/tender documents, assess potential risk and resolve potential issues
- Establish the schedule (with milestones) on which the estimate is based, with input from the project team and the relevant subcontractors and suppliers
- Produce quantity take-offs for labour, equipment, materials, safety and security requirements needed to complete the project per contract specifications, ensuring accuracy of pricing
- Prepare lump sum, unit based and cost plus estimates for projects, and present/or support the presentation of estimate proposals
- Complete final cost estimate of a project through the use of an estimating software system, incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review
- Assist in the preparation of the final tender documents for submission on behalf of Mainland Group
- Commit to continuous improvement and adherence to procedures, standards, rules and regulations
- Read, understand and promote the QMS system to all employees, customers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- May perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a construction related discipline is preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered
- Experience in construction cost estimating is an asset
- General construction knowledge; understands practices, techniques, specifications, procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, ability to develop a project schedule
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/project documents
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Office and estimating software
- Strong verbal communication skills; sound communication with all stakeholders
- Analytical, organized, thorough and detailed in your work
- Strong writing skills with concise documentation and reporting
- Ability to work in a team environment; willing to collaborate with others, and if you have senior experience, share your knowledge by coaching and guiding others
- Solid interpersonal skills; develops positive relationships
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple priorities, and work effectively in a time sensitive environment
- This is an office based position- however travel to Lower Mainland sites may be required
What we offer:
- A fun and dynamic team environment
- Professional development and internal growth opportunities
- A competitive compensation package that includes extended health and benefits, RRSP, etc.
- The opportunity to be apart of our exciting growth as a company!
- A modern office setting without the tiring downtown commute
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
- Employee Events
- Performance bonus
- Employee Referral Program
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Game Rooms
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Gym Memberships
- Work From Home
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid sick days