Overview / Responsibilities
Civil or Geotechnical Engineer or Environmental Permitting Specialist – Whitehorse, Yukon
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an opportunity for a Civil or Geotechnical Engineer or Environmental Permitting Specialist to join our Whitehorse, Yukon office.
Reporting to the Regional Manager – BC/Yukon, this is an exciting opportunity for a local candidate to combine his/her passion for both technical work as well as business operations to help grow our business and solidify our presence with the local community and clients that he/she is already aware of.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to leverage and continue to develop a broad base of skills and experience and work with a group of professionals committed to the growth and success of our Whitehorse location.
- Support the implementation of strategic business plan(s) and deliver performance results to expand Wood’s service offerings and client base in Whitehorse.
- Contribute to business development of Wood’s service offerings, including:
- identifying and developing new opportunities
- responding to Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Expressions of Interest (EOI)
- preparing strong and effective technical proposals
- networking within the local community and industry base
- providing consistent Wood branding
- Delivery of technical work
- Support a strong Health and Safety culture;
- Actively promote an integrated team approach (using shared resources) to deliver work in the Whitehorse region;
- Support quality within the office in compliance with Wood Standards and Quality Management practices as appropriate
- Liaise with and promote Wood’s capabilities to clients and regulatory authorities
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Environmental Sciences
- Current registration with appropriate Yukon regulatory bodies (Engineering or Environmental)
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the local marketplace. Experience in the consulting sector would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of the Yukon market including governments, industry and communities
- Ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with strong self-direction and time management
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.