At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Civil Technologist to join our Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory team on a full-time contractual basis based in Calgary.
An overview of your role will include:
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological field investigations including drilling and sampling with various types of instrumentation installations
- Monitoring various types of geotechnical instrumentation
- Undertaking field supervision of drilling and earthworks contractors
- Geotechnical laboratory testing on soil, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete materials, including documentation and reporting
- Soil classification
- General clean-up and maintenance of lab and field equipment
- Construction inspection and supervision
- Construction QA/QC
- Field nuclear density compaction testing
- Concrete testing including lab and field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to carry out assignments with minimal supervision
- Participating in sample receipt, handling, and storage control
You will have a background in:
- Diploma in Civil Technology or related discipline from an accredited institution would be considered an asset
- Valid CCIL concrete, asphalt or aggregate testing certification would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Valid driver's license (please provide a driver's abstract with resume)
- Exposure to geotechnical soils testing is preferred
- Strong workplace health and safety practices
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.