Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Technologist in our Yellowknife office.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed design drawings for civil and municipal infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients using CAD, Civil3D and other tools
- Assist project managers and engineers in the functional and detailed design of civil and municipal infrastructure related to water supply, sewers, roads, land development site servicing, drainage and waste management infrastructure
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members including engineers, planners, scientists, and technical and administrative support staff
- Produce consistent, high quality work
- Ensure quality control of design and production drawing work
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Travel to northern and remote communities in the NWT and Nunavut to complete field work, construction inspection and client meetings
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- 3-5 years' work experience in engineering for municipalities and/or the land development industry.
- Knowledge of ESRI Geographical Information Software will be an asset.
- Hands-on experience in functional and detailed design drawings of various civil and municipal infrastructure projects.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D software is required.
- Experience implementing relevant municipal/provincial engineering standards.
- Understanding of project design and implementation activities including development of design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, and contract administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, including the ability work in a team environment.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.