Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
The overall responsibility in this position is to ensure that the claims we receive are appropriately managed. This involves accurate and efficient entry and adjudication of health claims.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Enter and manage health claims to ensure timely payment for our providers and members.
- Research and compile information from various sources to resolve inquiries and claim discrepancies, consulting with senior staff if assistance is required.
- Respond to inquiries from internal customers regarding all aspects of health benefits and claims assessment.
- Follow through to ensure effective and efficient resolution of all inquiries.
- Contact providers and members to obtain the necessary information to assess claims.
- Adjudicate claims in accordance with unit procedures and Health Services standards with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Monitor individual production to ensure that claim turnaround and volume expectations are met.
- Make suggestions to improve workflows and processes.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication and listening skills in the delivery of superior service to customers in previous roles.
- Demonstrated excellence in accuracy and multi-tasking under tight time frames and heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making capabilities as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a desire for continuous learning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Willingness to work scheduled shifts within business hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Willingness to work extra hours and overtime hours as needed.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca/