Claims Manager, Bilingual French & English
We are looking for a Claims Manager covering Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia provinces.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
The role will support leadership in the field of workers’ compensation and claims management by working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the business is in compliance with relevant government expectations with regards to our return to work process and in a cost effective manner. This role reports to the Senior Claims Manager. It requires an individual residing in Montreal area and ready to travel about 20% of his/her time in Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, including in remote areas.
Responsibilities include the full cycle of Claims Management:
- Manage a claims portfolio of about 50 per year - filing injuries at the boards and managing WCB/CNESST files through on-going and daily communication with Claims Adjudicators, Case Managers and Sodexo Management
- Assist the site operators in reducing the average duration of lost time through coaching on Return to Work
- Create objection letters, prepare rebuttals and represent Sodexo at appeals/tribunals
- Liaise with external agencies such as the Ministry, consulting firms and WCB Account Managers
- Facilitate live and online training sessions (group size: 15-30 people) on relevant statutory regulations
- Attend site Return to Work meetings when required
- Arrange job site visits for the Boards when requested
- Assist with special projects
- Enter and manage claims information through our central database system (Riskonnect)
- Monitor monthly claims cost statements from the Board and input into Riskonnect
- Partner with the Safety Manager on high risk sites
- Work collaboratively with other HR Managers to resolve complex issues as required
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs