Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong and stable company? Do you want the opportunity for excellence and advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you.
As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family business has a history of developing talented professionals, pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
We are seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service. Take a look at these videos to learn more about who we are and what we do!
Class 1 Delivery Driver - 1 Year Contract: Medicine Hat, Alberta
Shift: Day shift (varies per route) - 4 X 10 hour shifts (Including Saturdays)
This position will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to work closely with the Sales Service Representatives (Delivery Drivers), assisting them with the delivery of products over established routes within standard operating procedures in the Medicine Hat area. This position will require working on some Statutory Holidays.
This position is a 1 year contract with potential for extension.
Not your typical driving job:
- 30% of the shift is spent driving/operating company owned vehicles
- 70% of the shift is spent unloading and delivering our products to the customers
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing exceptional service to build/maintain quality customer relationships
- Manually sorting and unloading food products and hand-wheeling them into the customer locations with the use of ramps and occasionally stairs (approx. 600-800 cases/shift)
- Safely and professionally operate straight trucks or trailers to transport goods and materials over urban, short inter-urban and rural routes according to provincial road regulations.
- Conduct routine truck inspections (pre/post trip) and maintain accurate records of delivery routes, temperature logs, count sheets and incident reporting
- Perform product delivery verification at customer location and maintain customer invoices
- Follow all GFS Canada policies and procedures including all health & safety regulations
- Must be able to maintain composure/professionalism in high-pressure situations
- All other duties as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a valid Class 1 or Class A license with a clean commercial drivers abstract
- Must be physically fit and able to repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items (up to 100 lbs)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills (able to read, write and speak English)
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Must pass a Road Test, Physical Abilities Test and a Background Check
- Previous professional driving experience is preferred
- A high school diploma is preferred
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather and temperature ranges (including being able to safely operate the equipment during poor road and driving conditions)
- Must be able to handle all types of food products including fresh: seafood, beef, pork, produce, nuts, spices, milk, eggs, etc.
- Steel toe (CSA approved) footwear is required at all times.
*Starting Wage: $24.80/hr + incentives
Watch these videos for even more information about Gordon Food Service!
Gordon Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.