OurHazardous Waste Driver Chemist are responsible for Driving to and from Customer sites, assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.This position will also prepare waste drums for pick-up and delivery at Retail Hazardous Waste facilities and General Customer sites. Our Driver Chemists will also participate in Household Hazardous waste collection events held on weekends around the region as business demands require. This position is not a Lab Chemist position and requires up to 80% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Drive/Fly out to different clientsites using the Company vehicle/Rentals.
- Responsible for assisting with collecting, identifying and packaging hazardous/non-hazardous waste within Customer facilities.
- Prepare waste drums for shipment.
- Physically intensive work.
- Travel to California or other Western States to support Business development.
- Assisting on Household Hazardous Waste Programs in the area as business demands/requires.
- PC Skills are required for Labpack entry.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science strongly preferred or 5 years’ experience in the Hazardous Waste industry;
- Class C License with HAZMAT Endorsement is required or the ability to obtain HAZMAT endorsement upon hire;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, chemistry and/or lab packing experience (categorize and packing of chemicals);
- OSHA, DOT, and RCRA experience preferred;
- Ability to work weekends as needed and travel up to 25%;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Hereto view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harborsis the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.