Please note, we cannot accept applications by email or in person.
Please submit an on-line application by visiting our website: http://www.yrdsb.ca/Careers/Pages/default.aspx
Job Description & Requirements
Position: Clerical/Administrative Support (Casual Opportunities)
Work Location: Various locations
- $15.42 per hour (casual rate)
- $23.88 per hour (temporary rate)
Application Deadline: July 2, 2021
Thank you for your interest in a career as a Clerical/Administrative Support with the York Region District School Board. This application is for casual Clerical/Administrative Support opportunities for the 2020/2021 school year. Please Note: You may also be considered for temporary and/or permanent opportunities as they arise throughout the year.
Casual Positions: On call, as-needed basis to cover absences of permanent employees ranging from daily occurrences up to 30 consecutive working days.
Temporary Positions: This is a position that is available for a period in excess of 30 consecutive working days to replace a permanent employee who is absent on an approved leave of absence (e.g. pregnancy, parental, educational or medical leave).
Permanent Positions: These are full-time positions (35 hours per week).
We are actively seeking individuals who are flexible and energetic team players to support students, staff, administration and the community in an educational environment.
The majority of the clerical/administrative positions are located in a school setting, either elementary or secondary, and most positions within our schools follow the school year calendar. Other clerical/administrative positions are generally twelve month positions and follow the business year calendar.
- Word processing;
- Financial management;
- Student/staff attendance;
- Administration of records;
- Payroll; and/or
- Accounting, etc.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma with one year of post-secondary education focusing on administrative studies or related field is required.
- Minimum one year related experience is required.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Board approved/implemented software is required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Employees are expected to work at least 30 days within the current school year to remain on the casual clerical list. Please note that hours of operation in our schools could start as early as 7:30 a.m. and end as late as 5:00 p.m. The Board highly recommends that employees accept as many shifts as possible throughout the year to encourage advancement within the Board.
- In the application process, you will be prompted to provide at least three (3) professional, supervisory references (including full name, position title, work location/organization, and email address) in the job posting screening section of the online application. We do not contact references prior to practicum/interview.
- For your information, a list of YRDSB Schools is provided.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The York Region District School Board (YRDSB) believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on their own merit and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. We remain committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. We know that diversity underpins excellence, and that we all share responsibility for creating an equitable, diverse and inclusive Board-community. Therefore, in pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across the organizational hierarchy in actualizing the Board’s priorities, goals and principles outlined in the Director’s Action Plan.
We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- persons who identify as women; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
At YRDSB, we recognize that many of these identities intersect and therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We value and respect the contributions that each person brings to enriching the Board and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in communities that we serve.
Accessibility and Accommodation Statement
We also recognize our duty to accommodate and foster a culture of inclusion. Consistent with the principles of dignity, individualization and inclusion, we will make any appropriate accommodation based on any of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code to support candidate participation in the hiring process. When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the hiring process, such as skills assessments, written practicum, presentation, interview, etc. We will provide accommodations during the hiring process. If an accommodation is required, please inform the Recruitment and Retention Team in advance of any part of the process. All information received relating to a candidate’s required accommodation will be addressed confidentially by the Recruitment and Retention Team.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.