Job DescriptionJob Title: Clerical Support ClerkWork Site: Primary Care, Three Bridges Community Health Centre - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $19.72 - $21.78 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory HolidaysReference#: 135866-cye
Come work as a Clerical Support Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clerical Support Clerk to join the Primary Care team at Three Bridges Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clerical Support Clerk you will work as a member of a multidisciplinary community health team, perform a variety of reception and clerical support functions to support the programs within Community Health Centres/Programs within Vancouver Coastal Health.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Office Administration Certificate, Medical Terminology and one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to operate a multi-line switchboard/phone system.
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate action.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with coworkers, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of office equipment and computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve software related problems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.