Job DescriptionJob Title:
Clerical Support Clerk
(Office Administration Certificate, Medical Terminology)Work Site: Integrated Care Team, Pender Community Health Centre - Downtown Eastside (DTES), Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $19.23 - $21.24 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 124415-jmc
Come work as a Clerical Support Clerk with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clerical Support Clerk to support the Integrated Care Team at Pender Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Support Clerk you will work across multiple sites/clinics/services carrying out a variety of customer service, transcription, client bookings (referrals, screening, registration), reception and clerical support functions to support Integrated Care Teams and/or Community Care Services.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Office Administration Certificate, Medical Terminology and one year recent related experience working with individuals with primary care, mental health or substance use health concerns or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources in the DTES.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally competent support services specifically pertaining to aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Knowledge of appropriate Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Ability to operate a multi-line switchboard/phone system.
- Ability to keyboard 6,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of EMR systems, office equipment and computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve software related problems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.