Are you interested in gaining valuable experience in an exciting office environment?
Manitoba Public Insurance's Clerical Talent Community allows individuals to create a user profile and submit an online application, cover letter and/or resume that will be considered for future term opportunities. You can expect to perform general administrative duties while gaining familiarity with various departmental functions within Manitoba Public Insurance.
Opportunities may arise at various locations throughout the province so be sure to indicate which location(s) interest you.
Entry level clerks may be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Provide administrative support across a breadth of functions and responsibilities.
- Greet customers by phone or in-person and provide outstanding customer service.
- Assist in maintaining departmental mail service including opening, sorting and dispatching incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail.
- Prepare and maintain various requisitions, agreements and contracts.
- Enter invoice data and process related payments.
- Maintain various files and documents.
- Gather data and complete routine reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. A degree or diploma is preferred.
- Experience in an office or administrative capacity along with previous customer service experience.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily.
- Ability to adhere to an established office routine.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong computer skills and successful completion of standard administrative testing (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong data entry and typing skills with a minimum typing speed of 35 words per minute.