Job Title: Client-side VP - Major Rail Projects
Hiring Company: BTTC (Canada) Incorporated
Number of Available Positions: 1
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The successful candidate will join BTTC to provide senior strategic direction and leadership to the project team for one of BTTC’s largest clients to ensure that the project meets the client’s highest standards for safety, quality, efficiency, budget and programme adherence and compliance. This person will assume primary accountability for all aspects of successful project design and delivery.
- Senior leader responsible for resourcing and leading large-scale capital infrastructure projects from initial conception and procurement, through construction and commissioning meeting all deadlines and commitments
- Deliver to world class safety and quality standards
- Deliver within scope, on budget and on schedule. Ensures compliance with the client’s design standards and applicable municipal, provincial, and federal standards
- Champions collaborative working relationships
- Leads by example and empowers direct-report leaders/project managers; organizes the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions and coordinates the work of senior staff.
- Effectively deals with escalated construction and complex engineering and commercial problems
- Support for program communications and intergovernmental relations during all stages of the project
- Leads resolution of complex contract and commercial issues
- Develops and nurtures strong collaborative relationships with partners and multiple key stakeholders and interested parties
- Along with the client’s senior representatives creates a communication plan for outreach and collaborative consultation with partners, stakeholders, and citizens
- Establishes benchmarks, goals and objectives that reflect corporate direction and strategy, including establishing appropriate metrics (Key Performance Indicators), monitoring systems and appropriate reporting functionalities
- Champions the identification of innovative solutions and best practices, provides senior level sponsorship to direct reports and peers, and implements appropriate strategies and change.
- Sustains relationships with relevant professional and industry associations to maintain level of personal credibility; represents the client publicly as required
- Allocate material, human, and financial resources to implement policies and programs and establish financial and administrative controls
- Represent BTTC in official client-facing functions
Education: University Graduate in Civil Engineering, or relevant engineering subject.
Experience: Minimum of 25 or more years’ experience in the rail industry, with a minimum of 10 years at an executive/senior leadership level. Extensive experience of large complex rail design and build projects and programmes.
- An absolute commitment to safety and a proven record of implementing safety change programmes within businesses and projects
- Proven record in implementing business cultural change
- Proven experience of working within highly collaborative project environments, with subsequent high-performance outcomes
- A proven senior executive leader with exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Demonstratable background of building collaborative, empowered teams, who thrive on innovation and solving complex problems
- Significant experience of resolving commercial and contract issues with a proven ability to understand all sides of an argument and successfully settle disagreements through a collaborative approach
- The proven ability to lead a team through complex political, delivery, technical and commercial issues, within a multi-facetted rail environment
- Extensive experience of working on design/build heavy and light rail projects
- Comprehensive experience of civil engineering and rail systems projects
- Project management and coordination expertise to provide senior leadership and oversight to integrated project teams within budget and schedule restraints and monitor project performance against business objectives
- Demonstrated success leading in a highly regulated project delivery operating environment
- Significant experience of managing multiple stakeholders and partners with associated conflicting requirements and priorities
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Experience of bringing rail projects into operation
Wage: Salary commensurate with experience. Performance based financial incentives.
Benefits: Successful candidate will be responsible for their own benefits.
Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario
Business Address: 1300-1969 Upper Water Street, Purdy’s Wharf Tower II Halifax, NS B3J 3R7