|Job Title:||Clinic Nurse (RN)|
|Work Site:||Supervised Injection Site - Downtown Eastside (DTES), Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Part Time (0.76 FTE)|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible, until August 2021 or until return of incumbent.|
|Salary:||$35.53 - $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Clinic Nurse in the Downtown Eastside with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinic Nurse to join its team at the Supervised Injection Site in the Downtown Eastside. As a Clinic Nurse at the Supervised Injection Site you will:
- Provide on-going health care in a multi-disciplinary clinic setting to clients of all ages with a variety of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases, including communicable diseases, addictions and general health issues.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in client-centered care and education.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Training in community health nursing, plus 2 years’ recent acute care or community health nursing experience in a clinic setting, working with marginalized youth and clients, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client/family -centered approach.
- Working knowledge of the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for nursing.
- Working knowledge of theory and established practices and procedures of professional nursing care for acutely, chronically and terminally ill clients.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide physical, psychological and educationally supportive care and counseling.
- Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated Skill in CPR Techniques.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and use a cooperative approach to program delivery.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.