LASIK MD is a national provider of laser vision correction and intraocular lens implant procedures. Since first opening our doors more than 17 years ago, it’s been our mission to encourage people to discover clear vision with our safe, affordable, and life-changing procedures. Today, we operate more than 30 clinics across the country, from St-John’s, Newfoundland, to Victoria, British Columbia. As a business, LASIK MD is stronger than ever, continually growing and evolving to meet an increase in demand. We’re made up of a team of dedicated employees, people who value the work they do because it means they can help others discover freedom from glasses and contacts. At LASIK MD, we work better together—and we want you to be a part of our team.
To find out if LASIK MD is the employer for you, find our values here:
Your mission as a Clinical Assistant
The Clinical Assistant projects an important image of LASIK MD in the eyes of the patient. The goal of the Clinical Assistant is to assist during the pre-op testing and filling out the patient’s charts accurately
- Assisting during the pre-op exams and filling the patient’s charts accurately.
- Answering patient’s questions and ensure the best service
- Taking out post-op charts for the following day
- Updating the appointment system after every patient
- Any other required tasks from the Center Director or the management team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in french and english
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience especially in a medical clinic environment an asset
- Ability to adapt to change
- Sense of organization
- Ability to work as a team
- Customer service driven
- Interest in health services field
- Sales experience an asset
- Available evenings and weekends
This is a permanent, full-time position . We offer a competitive compensation, with a starting salary between 15.50$ and 18.61$/hour (based on experience), in addition to bonuses and benefits. Candidates must be willing to work 35 hours per week , on a flexible schedule (days, evenings and weekends). A full training is given to all new hires. We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are potentially available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. LASIK MD will also give you the opportunity to learn new skills and make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis!
We thank all candidates for their interest but we will only communicate with the candidates selected for an interview.