Clinical Care Manager ( Residential & Transitional) - Winnipeg
Your commitment to high quality health outcomes for your clients will be demonstrated through outstanding, hands-on case management skills, as well as your ability to lead and inspire others on the care team. Bring your clinical expertise and your knowledge of clinical best practices, to this exciting opportunity to lead by example as part of the CBI Health Group Residential & Transitional Care management team.
You will oversee and manage client care for an assigned group of clients living in our Residential & Transitional homes, to ensure high-quality outcomes and a best-practices approach to their care. This will include initially conducting thorough intake assessments to ensure that our facilities and capabilities are in alignment with clients’ needs, developing comprehensive care plans, as well as monitoring and adjusting client care on an ongoing basis.
As an integral member of the Management team, you will work collaboratively with the Residential Operations Manager to ensure effective care delivery aligned with CBI’s clinical goals and service delivery standards. You will also provide leadership and mentoring for support workers to ensure that care delivery is consistent with care plans, and surpasses all stakeholder expectations, including clients, families, staff and funders.
Assuming client care management, and team management responsibilities as a Clinical Care Manager within our Residential & Transitional Program, you will:
- Coordinate all aspects of care for your assigned clients – from completing comprehensive intake assessments and developing care plans, to attending medical appointments with clients to advocate on their behalf
- Develop solid client relationships to establish trust and understand client needs and preferences, regularly reassessing care and support plans to ensure they are aligned with changing needs
- Ensure adherence to established service agreements and clinical best practice standards, including clinical documentation, forms and assessments
- Drive clinical excellence through regular monitoring, action planning and execution on clinical outcomes and targets (KPIs)
- Ensure proper medical care is promptly received (e.g., appointments are scheduled with MDs and allied health care professionals)
- Respond to Incident Reports and client or family complaints, promptly resolving issues or escalating when needed
- Participate in team meetings to ensure client care and medical processes (medication management, wound care, etc.) are clearly understood by all, and provide training as necessary
- Ensure high-quality standards of care in the homes, from continuity of care to safe client services
- Carry out all clinical aspects of onboarding (e.g., understanding the care plan, safe medication administration, non-violent crisis intervention)
- Work in collaboration with the Residential Operations Manager to ensure team members understand their roles and accountability and are performing to expectations.
To take on the role of Clinical Care Manager, you should:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) or a Diploma of Nursing
- Have 2 to 3 years’ clinical experience, working with clients with mental health disorders, developmental or intellectual challenges, and/or temporary or permanent physical disabilities
- Be able to establish trust and develop solid relationships with clients and families
- Be committed to ensuring a positive client and family experience
- Be self-motivated and adept at working autonomously while leading and motivating an engaged, dedicated team to meet clinical care goals
- Demonstrate a strong sense of personal accountability and be able to instill that in others
- Be empathetic, resilient and skilled in interpersonal relations and communications.
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 13,000 administrators, support staff and care providers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca. Check out CBI on Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise People & Culture team during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.