|Job Title:||Clinical Educator, Nursing (RN) - Perinatal Services|
Home Site will be in Squamish, Sechelt or Powell River (dependant on succesful applicant).
Squamish, Sechelt, Powell River, Bella Bella and Bella Coola
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately June 2021|
|Salary:||$42.25 - $51.78 per hour|
0800 - 1600
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Clinical Educator in Critical Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Program Administration team as a Clinical Educator. Apply today to join our team!
This position is for Perinatal Services for Sea to Sky, Sechelt, Powell River, Bella Bella and Bella Coola.
Job Location will be Sechelt, Powell River, or Squamish.
As a Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments and opportunities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of generalized and specialized clinical practice as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consults, confers and collaborates with educators and clinical program and team members in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Takes corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related nursing Perinatal/Maternaity experience including one year's related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification in Perinatal/Maternity Nursing. Completion of ‘Educator Pathway Program’ is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License to operate a vehicle within B.C. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle
Knowledge & Abillities
- Knowledge of clinical practice related to treatment and care of the designated patient/resident population.
- Knowledge of organization’s policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/resident care.
- Knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated clinical proficiency in the designated clinical area
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients/residents and their families, either one-on-one and/or in-groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in emergency situations and guide others in order to deliver quality patient/resident care.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system and other relevant electronic applications such as email, word processing and presentation software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.