Job DescriptionJob Title:
Clinical Educator (RN)
(Educator Pathway or Provincial Instructor's Diploma)Work Site: Regional Home Health - 520 West 6th AvenueStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $41.42 - $50.77 per hourHours: 0830-1630, with Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays offReference#: 121988-jmc
Come work as a Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Educator to join its team at 520 West 6th Avenue in Vancouver, BC.
As a Clinical Educator with the Regional Home Health Team you will:
- Lead and assess current and future clinical education needs of interprofessional staff based on the population served.
- Provide or arrange for clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with program and team members as well as other educators and leaders at educational institutions in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues, and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Collaborate with clinical practice leads to coordinate interdisciplinary staff education that support a collaborative practice model within the designated area.
- Take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs and ensure mechanisms are in place to support interprofessional staff in continuous development.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience relevant to the designated clinical area, including one (1) year’s recent, related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Successful completion of two (2) levels of the Vancouver Coastal Health Educator Pathway Program or Provincial Instructor’s Diploma or equivalency.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of adult education principles and practice within a client/family centred care model.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the relevant College.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of clinical practice standards and theoretical educational frameworks and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to care management and interventions and care of the designated client populations.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and standards of care across the continuums.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to assess learning needs and apply appropriate methodologies based on individual learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in facilitation of learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication within an interprofessional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Lean Management principles and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to nursing treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment including current and relevant computer applications.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. ***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.