Clinical Studies & Specialty Pharmacy Nurse - Health Support Services Division
Clinical Studies & Specialty Pharmacy– Health Support Services Division
As Canada’s largest national health care provider, we are seeking talented and caring nurses to continue to make a real difference in the lives of people. By choosing to join the Health Support Services Division as a Clinical & Specialty Pharmacy Nurse, you will receive paid training, mentorship, and ongoing opportunities for professional development. Your highly regarded expertise will provide comfort to our clients. As a Registered Nurse in good standing, you have experience and possess the ability to conduct Pediatric Injection training, IV Therapy education, infusions, Clinical blood trials and Pharmacy education sessions in Patient’s home, Clinics or Long term Care Facilities.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
- Flexible shifts to fit your availability
- Virtual training
- Employee Purchase Discount Programs
- A supportive and respectful workplace
- Autonomy and independence
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer medications (IV) in the patient’s home or specialty clinics setting
• Blood sample collection, urinalysis, urine pregnany test for childbearing age subjects, study drug accountability
• Monitor post-injection/infusion treatments as well as chart and report on all activities as directed by program protocols
• Provide patient education based on program protocols, individually or in groups
• Coordinate daily with patients, case manager, scheduling to meet established timelines for scheduling appointments, treatments, and communication of information
• Body weight collection, vital signs
• Adhere to professional nursing standards as prescribed by the professional associations and the company
• Check for general status including hospitalization and/or change in medication
- Current registration in good standing with the provincial Regulatory body
- Previous clinical & specialty pharmacy nursing services support is considered an asset
- In Home Blood draws experience is an asset
- Pediatric IV skills, phlebotomy skills
- A valid driver’s license vehicle and insurance.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email etc.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
A current CPR certificate is required.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding nursing opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed’s hiring process