Client ID: 291890
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Cloud Architect for a 5 months contract in Edmonton, Alberta.
Cloud Architect Job Details
- The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting cloud services, implementing cloud services, developing use case solutions on top of the cloud services, and providing support. The candidate should be a fast learner with an aptitude for understanding and maintaining complex systems.
Cloud Architect Responsibilities
- Architecting cloud services.
- Implementing cloud services.
- Developing use case solutions on top of the cloud services.
- Providing support to data scientists leveraging the cloud services.
Cloud Architect Mandatory Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years overall IT industry experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing technical solutions based on industry standards using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with either or both of the Azure Stack and the AWS stack.
- Specific training on either or both of the Azure Stack and the AWS stack (specify all training, including duration and method of delivery).
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical technology components with disaster recovery capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Extensive, real-world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions and defining solution architectures and reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile product delivery.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- An ability to explain complex technical issues to both your peers and your stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience working with web communication protocols such as REST, SOAP, Web Sockets.
- 5+ years of experience in Python development, especially in data analytics and AI (ML and deep learning).
- 3+ years of experience working with large datasets (e.g. 10B+ records, 400GB+ in size).
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Azure, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Azure Synapse, Snowflake, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase. S3, and Redshift.
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries and tools.
- Experience with data ingestion technologies such as Aspera, MoveIT, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, Pentaho, Matillion and Alteryx.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, and QuickSight.
- Experience with analytics tools.
- Experience with machine learning tools.
- Experience in distilling complex technical challenges to actionable decisions for stakeholders and guiding project teams by building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
- Experience coordinating the intersection of complex system dependencies and interactions.
Cloud Architect Assignment Length
Cloud Architect Location
Cloud Architect Start Date