Senior Cloud Security Consultant
BDO Canada LLP is seeking an experienced Cloud Security Senior Consultant to join its Cybersecurity Practice. The successful candidate will contribute to a rapidly expanding practice that evaluates the security posture of organizations through cloud security reviews. If you are passionate about cloud security and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, this is the right opportunity for you. Our people are our most valuable asset and we encourage career growth and development opportunities for every individual on our team.
As a Cloud Security Consultant, you will perform various activities with respect to Cloud Security reviews including, but not limited to:
- Defining and configuring performance-based and schedule-based security policies in cloud
- Assisting in the review of Cloud security parameters. (Inclusive of container security architecture, data security architecture, network security architecture, and operational security architecture)
- Working with one or more industry-leading cloud service platformsincludingMicrosoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Performing reviews on Cloud security engagements during different phases of the lifecycle – assess, design, and implementation. Implementing industry-leading practices around cyber risks and Cloud security.
- Research and improve your knowledge base of current cloud technology advancements, trends, and directions and identify the potential threats and exposures to our clients.
- Educate and communicate cloud security requirements, policies, standards, and procedures to business/internal stakeholders as it relates to projects and strategic initiatives.
Experience & Knowledge:
The candidate should have hands-on experiencewith
- One or more industry-leading cloud service platforms includingMicrosoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
- Conducting Cloud security assessments against leading standards such as NIST Cloud Computing Standard, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), etc.
- Facets of cloud security, including access management, monitoring, auditing, preventative architectures, data encryption, and mitigation.
- Performing security reviews of planned cloud migration initiatives across the organization and produce high-quality threat models for cloud environments clearly articulating risks.
- Conducting risk assessments and testing of controls
AND knowledge of:
- NIST Cloud Computing Standards Roadmap
- The Cloud Security Alliance Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM)
- ISO 27000 series such as 27001, 27002, 27032, 27035
- NISTSP 800 series
- PCI DSS
- OWASP Top Ten
- SANS Institute - CIS Critical Security Controls
- Standard of Good Practice for Information Security
Education & Certifications
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following certifications and/or education
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or Computer Science
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
What BDO Cares about
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong problem-solving capabilities, a continuous improvement mindset, and a “can-do” attitude. We provide a challenging, flexible, and rewarding work environment that places great emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and initiative.