The Delivery Group has a client in downtown Toronto looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. Our client is a global leader in their industry and is launching a new customized cloud-based product for their clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong network security operations background with AWS Cloud Security experience.
You will serve as a key member of our network security team, taking ownership of the day-to-day security operations for both our on-prem and cloud infrastructure deployments. You will work closely with our internal teams and security partners in troubleshooting, monitoring, detecting, analyzing, and determining remediation efforts for security risks, events, and incidents.
In addition, you will mentor other team members to cultivate a security by design culture and participate in the development of cloud and network security strategies, which includes hybrid cloud, co-locations and offices. This position requires a high degree of technical skill, innovation, and a genuine interest in staying current with new and emerging trends, theories, standards, and security related technologies.
- Develop security automation and monitoring in public cloud environments (AWS/Azure), local co-locations and offices across the key pillars of security such as security logging, incident response, data protection, compliance validation, security analytics, vulnerability management, platform and application threat modeling, etc.
- Work closely with our security partners to provide operational support, oversight and maintenance including day-to-day change request handling and approvals, problem resolution, rule and policy tuning, network upgrades and patching, deployments, user administration, parsing through event logs/files, SIEM alerts and data, analyzing and determining security related issues.
- Communicate with internal clients to identify security requirements, research and evaluate viable solutions from a security perspective, coordinating and communicating with impacted parties and technology partners while referencing and applying related industry best practices.
- Develop and/or review corporate use policies, risk management assessments and assist with audit, compliance and changes in strengthening our overall security posture.
- Along with the operation teams, review and document the security technical architecture of the various on-prem and cloud environments.
- Provide off-hours support when necessary and respond to emergencies in a timely manner
- 5+ years of system and security administration experience with networking, information systems, security controls, and information security concepts.
- Understanding fundamental cloud computing, networking and security concepts and technologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools including Terraform, Python, Bash, PowerShell, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal & presentation skills. Capable of writing proposals, procedures, policies, & technical documentation.
- Proven experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security)), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM) and network security.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting, log analysis, event correlation, and data analysis with a strong understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, systools).
- Experience with Private and Public Cloud Architectures in AWS and/or Azure.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas, WAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and Infrastructure security, cloud network infrastructure and partner interconnects.
- Preferred security certifications: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CCSP, CCNA Security, CCNP, GNFA, GSEC, GSE.
- AWS and/or Azure certifications are a plus.