On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Cloud Security Specialist for a 12 month contract opportunity.
The Cloud Security Specialist is an experienced Information Security professional that thinks cloud first, has a great exposure to many prior deployments of cloud based services (IAAS,PAAS,SAAS) and knows how to assure business leaders about the security of their assets in the cloud. The candidate has experienced working within an IT operations role for a number of years prior to specializing in Information Security. They will have experience securing not only cloud based services but understand the deployment mechanisms to bring applications to life within the cloud. The automation of repeatable tasks and process improvement are second nature to the individual as is the sharing of knowledge and continuous learning.
- Strategy & Planning
- Participate in the planning and design of cloud security architecture, under the direction of the Corporate Information Security Officer, where appropriate
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Corporate Information Security Officer, where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the information security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Operational Management
- Assist the operations team in defining current baselines for the secure configuration of all cloud components
- Maintain operational configurations of all established cloud security controls
- Participate with investigations into problematic activity.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and information security audits.
- Formal Education & Certification
- University degree and 5 years information technology related work experience, ideally with 3 or more years spent working in a security function.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred :
- (ISC)2 - CISSP, CCSP
- GIAC - GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE
- AWS Certified Security Specialist
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with deploying and securing Cloud deployments including PAAS, IAAS and SAAS. (AWS experience is a must have, GCP and Azure are nice to have)
- Experience with Incident handling
- Working understanding of OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25.
- Working technical knowledge of log management platforms including Syslog and at least one enterprise class SIEM.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other common network protocols.
- Familiarity with ITIL, incident management, and ISO 27001.
- Experience with two or more of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Go, Perl and PowerShell.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.