Co-op Chemical/Process Engineering - Aboriginal Internship Program (Vanscoy, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future and grow your career.
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgical Engineer, this temporary full-time position will be an 8-month or 12-month term starting May 2021 (possible extension to 16-month term to be decided in the Fall of 2021). This employment opportunity is part of Nutrien’s Aboriginal Internship Program and is intended to introduce a voluntary self-identified Aboriginal student or recent graduate to professional work experiences at Nutrien.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the safety culture at Vanscoy Potash by demonstrating strict adherence to safety policies and procedures
- Analyze plant data to support continuous improvement, recovery improvement, and cost reduction projects
- Develop sampling plans, analyze plant data, and present findings and recommendations to site management
- Prepare preliminary reports and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform routine and non-routine plant assessment and trials
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 2 years in a Chemical or Process Engineering program
- Experience working in a mining/heavy industrial environment in preferred
- Ability to perform all tasks while demonstrating positive safety behaviour and safety leadership
- Ability to mitigate workplace hazards
- Superior interpersonal teamwork and communication skills
- Strong analytical laboratory skills
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran