General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is looking for a Co-op Student to work on the Land Command Support System (LCSS) Engineering and Integration Support Contract (LEISC) for the Canadian Army’s Land Command Support System. LCSS is composed of integrated sensors, tactical video, voice and data systems performed both at the headquarters and mobile domains. Under LEISC, the baseline LCSS is maintained and new systems and capabilities are developed and integrated. At the System of Systems (SoS) level, the team has the mandate to execute integration and system testing on the combined LCSS/LEISC system of systems before it is fielded to the Canadian Army.
As the System Integration & Test Engineer Co-op,
- You will plan and coordinate SoS test activities, including being responsible for test planning, definition, execution, reporting and supporting lab setup and configuration.
- Perform integration activities such as new features and workaround solutions, you will also prepare and deliver customer-facing test proposals and plans for new work coming into the pipeline.
- Requires you to engage with customer representatives, vendors and other department staff during the development, planning, execution and keep status on its formal and informal test cycles reporting phases.
- Require you to develop integration and test procedures, including configuration descriptions, execution and monitor expected outcomes in accordance with design documents.
- You will plan, build, configure and validate testing operations by developing communications / system management plans and network configuration. In addition, you will perform investigations and identify debugging issues during testing and field exercises, including to participate in the elicitation process, prepare requirements documents and specifications.
- Other duties will include supporting external test events and field trials plus develop and maintain automated test tools and scripts primarily written in Python and Bash.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related technical degree/diploma supplemented with applicable experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including: Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of complex system issues; with the ability to understand the interdependencies and interactions of between subsystems.
- Experience in requirements development and analysis and have knowledge of and experience with test engineering.
- Strong problem solving and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills to conduct root cause analysis.
Ideally you will have experience in:
- Knowledge and experience in the Canadian Armed Forces structure, concepts, planning operations or exercises and working with LCSS or related communications and networking equipment in the HQ and mobile domains.
- Experience with LCSS systems, equipment and/or lab configurations.
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols such as DSCP, VLANs, RIP, PIM.
- Experience with a programming and/or scripting language such as Python, Java, C#, Bash.
- Experience working with tools such as Robot Framework, AutoHotKey, Wireshark, CORE.
- Experience working with defect tracking systems.
- Familiarity with UHF/VHF Radios, modulations schemes, and voice/data networks.
- Familiarity with SoS test process and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Ethernet communications and networking.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security Clearance and a positive Controlled Goods Assessment. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Our Company BenefitsOur contribution to our employees represents much more than just a pay check. We invest in our employees’ health and wellness, paid time off, retirement, income protection, work/life balance, talent development and more. As a General Dynamics employee, you can enjoy many of our benefits including:
- Health and optional dental plan
- Life insurance and retirement benefits
- Vacation and flexible work environment
- On-site fitness facilities
- Free parking
- Hockey and soccer leagues
- Tickets and giveaways offered through our Recreation Association
About General Dynamics Mission Systems–CanadaGeneral Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is one of the country’s most innovative defence and security technology companies, providing advanced thinking, design expertise, and implementation know-how to equip military and first responders with leading-edge hardware, software and systems.
Our employees innovate on a daily basis. Part of General Dynamics Mission Systems, a global company with more than 13,000 employees across 100 facilities worldwide, our success stems from strong system engineering experience, ongoing investment in research and development, collaboration with commercial and military systems industry leaders, and a singular focus on customer service.
In Canada, we employ more than 1,300 people across three locations. Our business groups include: Land Communications, Airborne Mission Systems, Underwater Warfare and Cyber Solutions.
We believe in maintaining a diverse workplace – inclusive of beliefs, cultural background, job experiences, thoughts and ideas. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team! (Workplace accommodations are available).