We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they’ll share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations. We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
At the Columbia Icefield, we help our guests to discover the power of ancient glaciers on the Glacier Adventure and Glacier Skywalk. Our team here connects our guests with the fascinating characters and rich history of this wild place. Columbia Icefield driver guides have the opportunity to drive both highway motor coaches and our unique all-terrain Ice Explorer vehicles, specially designed for glacier travel.
- Playing an active role in making the Glacier Adventure and Glacier Skywalk experiences as memorable, entertaining and informative as possible for guests visiting from around the globe
- Keeping guest experience and safety top of mind while operating highway motor coaches and unique all-terrain Ice Explorer vehicles
- Sharing interpretive commentary on the unique environment and geography of the Columbia Icefield with passion and enthusiasm
- Coordinating guests and tour groups on/off Coaches and/or Ice Explorers
- Guest surveying
- Mechanical pre-trip/post-trip of assigned Coach or Ice Explorer
- Taking pride in the appearance of the appearance and cleanliness of our motor coaches and Ice Explorers, including:
- Daily servicing/cleaning of the interior/exterior of assigned Coach or Ice Explorer and assisting as required for exterior cleaning
- Ensuring all windows are kept clear and clean throughout the operating day
- Avoiding both physical and mechanical damage to the equipment
- Sharing in a rotating cleaning schedule for Transfer Bay areas
- Ensuring passengers are not in areas where vehicles are moving and properly seated during the tour
- Safely loading and unloading passengers on your coach, being at the coach entrance at all times when passengers are loading/unloading
- Supporting Glacier Hosts and Loading Staff with additional interpretive information, managing tour groups, tour departures and arrivals, loading and unloading of Coaches and Ice Explorers
- Communicate with co-workers and management, forwarding observations and comments in a timely fashion
- Upholding a high standard of environmental stewardship in accordance with Pursuit’s “Promise to Place”
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A genuine appreciation for the Canadian Rockies, driving in unique mountain environments, and sharing in the enthusiasm of guests from around the world
- Organization and time management skills are a must, but a passion for making a difference for each guest and employee is the most important aspect of this position!
- Class 2 License with (air brake) Q endorsement or an interest in participating in our comprehensive training program to obtain your Class 2 License
- Dedication to operating in a safe, reliable and courteous manner during the Class 2 licensing process and at all timeswhile working as a driver
- Driving responsibly above all else and adapting the driving to road and weather conditions
- Guest service-oriented mindset and a passion for delivering memorable experiences
- Fluent and articulate in English, able to communicate and comprehend over two-way radio
- Second language is an asset
- Capable of manual duties (bend, stoop, squat and stretch)
- Enjoy working outdoors and being on your feet for extended periods, even in challenging mountain weather conditions where weather changes quickly and includes snow, rain, wind, hail and sun
- Ability to think outside the box with a positive attitude, and enjoy problem-solving on the fly
- A fantastic sense of humor as well as a friendly, mature, energetic personality
- Commitment to become an interpretive expert and ambassador through the completion of a week-long interpretive training program (provided upon starting employment)
- Mature, energetic, dependable and self-motivated
- Enjoy working with a team in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Standard First-Aid or higher an asset
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Contract dates;
- April 3rd to October 21st, 2019
- April 18th to September 30th, 2019
- Typically 5 days on/2 days off
- 6 days on/1 day off during peak periods
- Split shifts as per schedule
- Days off may change with each schedule and depend on business level
- Long weekends may incur schedule changes
- Expect 35 – 50 hours per week depending on business levels
- Polo shirts, North Face pants and indoor jacket will be issued on arrival
- Outdoor uniform is provided when working outdoors
- Eligible for a retention and performance bonus
- Ideal candidates for the Columbia Icefield team will have a love of working outdoors, even in challenging road and weather conditions, and an appreciation for being disconnected in a remote setting.