COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role (2 positions) based in Halifax NS.
Combat Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Relevant post secondary education- Technology or Engineering degree
- Experience in Electronic Warfare systems integration, test, set to work, trials and support
- 7+ years of experience in an Engineering/ Programmatic Environment
- 3+ years working in a similar role in IPT
- Experience working with military standards and specifications
- Experience in Naval Shipbuilding industry
- Experience working on Major Defence contracts
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
This position will manage all the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Electronic Warfare System requirements and will report to the Above Water Warfare Systems Engineer:
- Manage Electronic Warfare systems, including radar and communications Electronic Support systems, active RF Electronic Attack, and off board Electronic Attack and Laser warning receivers
- Oversee the Combat System Integrator's integration of all Electronic Warfare systems in the CSC platform and Combat Management system
- Participate in Topside design, Above Water Warfare, Combat Management System and Systems Engineering Integrated Project teams.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Krista Shah at: email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.