COMBAT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role (1 position) based in Halifax NS.
Combat Systems Specialist
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and responsibilities.
- Relevant post secondary education (engineering or related technical diploma/certificate)
- 4+ years of experience in test, trials and/or training facility construction and set to work
- 4+ years of experience in an Engineering/ Programmatic Environment
- Experience in the Naval shipbuilding industry
- Experience with development and support of land based test and trials facilities
- Experience working on major Defence contracts
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Develop CSC program infrastructure current conditions reports
- Develop Combat System land based test, trials and training facilities requirements, solutions and recommendations
- Participate in the design, construction, integration, certification, accreditation and set to work of facilities needed for Combat Systems development, integration, test, trials and training
- Work with the Combat Systems Integrator to define, develop, and integrate land based test systems into CSC land based test, trials and training facilities
- Participate in the Combat Systems Facilities and Trainers and test and trials integrated product teams
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Emily Snow at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.