COMBAT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a full time, permanent staff role (1 opening) located in Halifax N.S.
- Education Required:
- Relevant post-secondary education (engineering or other related technical field) desired
- Years of Experience Required: 5-8+ years experience
5+ years of experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment
5+ years experience in the naval shipbuilding industry
- Experience with integration of gun weapons systems, and naval systems integration and testing
- Experience working with military standards and specifications
- Experience working on major Defence contracts an asset
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Manage Combat System Integrator’s (CSI) integration of the MGS and SGS into the ship
- Manage CSI’s integration of MGS and SGS into the Combat Management System
- Lead MGS and SGS integration efforts in the Above Water Warfare (AWW) Integrated Product Team (IPT), under the Combat System IPT
- Oversee the CSI’s acquisition of MGS, SGS and associated Vendor Furnished Information
- Evaluate performance capabilities of Main Gun System (MGS) and Secondary Gun Systems (SGS), ammunition stowage facilities and ammunition flow routes
- Support the Platform IPT in designing and positioning ammunition magazines and determining optimum ammunition logistics flow routes.
- Interface with and support the Supportability and specialty engineering IPTs
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Krista Shah at: email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.