If you're passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we're looking for you! When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Enhances and services member relationships by supporting the account manager team; attends regular team meetings to monitor both upcoming reviews and renewals as well as any past due items.
- Investigates, analyzes, underwrites and structures new commercial credit applications, credit approvals, and annual reviews.
- Assists in the overall management and monitoring of commercial credit risk exposure; ensuring compliance within the organization and CUDGC policies and guidelines.
- Identifies trends and information that may impact future or current operational tactics.
- Analyzes, revises, and documents work procedures and processes; suggests methods to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Advises on controls and risk management processes and practices; identifies and recommends to management potential improvements or immediate risk concerns.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the departmental initiatives/programs.
- Supports the implementation of the established annual business plan for the department.
- Remains current on best practices, legislations, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with staff in the department and external networks within area of specialization.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 6 - 8 years’ experience in commercial lending/credit.
- Completed a relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and easily learn other programs.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on Connect First Credit Union Careers, please visit https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers