Our client is an award winning commercial / industrial roofing company. They have established their name as one of the premier commercial roofing organization in the country and are looking for talented leaders who want to be a part of our team.
They are committed to providing the best professional roofing solutions for businesses across Canada, the best employee experience in the roofing industry and the best supplier partnership across the country. We are looking for an individual that has the experience and leadership necessary to help us maintain these commitments.
Salary range: $80,000-90,000 annually.
Qualified Applicants Must Have:
- Previous commercial roofing experience
- A stable employment history (and professional references).
- Previous leadership experience (foreman/superintendent, etc) minimum 7 years in the field.
- A willingness to work on and develop a team.
- A willingness to oversee multiple projects at one time.
- Basic computer skills and word processing skills.
- Basic report writing skills.
- Quality communication skills (written and verbal).
- A professional attitude.
- A quality work ethic.
- An understanding of the value of customer service.
- Understand and model the necessary attitude, aptitude and effort to individual work.
- A valid driver's license.
- Supervise all on-site construction activities of assigned commercial roofing projects from start to finish.
- Direct the on-site Construction Safety Program and weekly safety meetings.
- Oversee that job site safety procedures are being followed.
- Monitor compliance with building and safety codes as well as other regulations.
- Work closely with the Branch Manager in formulating and maintaining the construction schedule.
- Assist in reviewing drawing submittals.
- Supervise subcontractors and vendors to ensure quality control and project compliance.
- Resolve problems as they arise from the plans and specifications as well as unknown existing conditions.
- Ensure that all roofing work performed is of the highest quality.
- Work with customers and the sales team to meet their requirements/scope on schedule and budget.
- Prepare project reports for management, clients, etc.
- Create the roofing schedule, determine labor requirements and perform pre-planning for new jobs.
- Manage and maintain the construction schedule.
- Ensure job safety and efficiency.
- Foster and develop team members and leaders within the technical crew.
The Commercial Roofing Foreman should have proven experience and deep knowledge of a wide variety of commercial roofing systems. Experience in building live roofing systems is also a plus. The candidate will have the ability to expertly use a wide variety of roofing tools and equipment.
Our client places a high value on integrity, craftsmanship and teamwork. They strive to provide the best experience to our customers, the best experience to our employees and the best experience to our suppliers. These three focuses translate directly into everything we do.