COMMERCIAL SALES ENGINEER – HVAC DIVISION
Sales | Marketing
November 22, 2018
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Recognizing that one’s sales force is the lifeblood of any good organization, this company sets their Commercial Sales Engineer up for success by setting ambitious but attainable sales targets resulting in lucrative commission payouts. No more unrealistic or impossible to reach targets! The overwhelming majorities of sales representatives selling this premium HVAC solution meet or exceed their goals set out by the organization. Empowered by this mutually beneficial arrangement, it is a true win-win for all involved!
As Commercial Sales Engineer for the HVAC Product Sales Division, you are a senior engineer with extensive experience in designing, specifying and selling within the commercial HVAC industry. Located in our BC Branch office you are responsible for the sales, engineering design assistance and promotion of our HVAC products for commercial applications. The position reports to the BC/Yukon Commercial Business Manager.
Work with consulting engineers, contractors and developers to promote and assist with design of commercial and applied HVAC solutions to generate mechanical design specifications for our products.
• Establish and build long-term valued relationships with consulting engineers, contractors, building owners and developers to secure their commitments to our products.
• Prepare and provide effective seminars on our products, their application, selection and design tools, aimed at conveying the benefits of our systems.
• Act as engineering resource to support the channel, service existing accounts and generate future business prospects through frequent customer visits, advice on system design, attending sales calls and other activities required to increase the volume of specified
system designs in the region using our products.
• Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and services effectively.
• Submit to Commercial Business Manager the weekly customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up.
• Submit regular business intelligence reports including, but not limited to, market activity and trends, project pricing, and sales pipeline, project and quotation status in assigned territory.
• Submit to Commercial Business Manager a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
• Close and grow sales through professional communication with existing and potential clients.
• Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
• Communicate sales or service opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions.
• Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future.
• Work with the engineering team to ensure customer project requirements are met.
• Preparing responses to RFQ (request for quotes) and RFI (request for information) in a professional and timely manner.
• Maintain records of customer communications and contact information as required.
• Attending and participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
• Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering. – P.Eng. Designation in BC is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of sales experience as a sales engineer for commercial applied/engineered HVAC products with excellent knowledge of mechanical HVAC system design.
Experience with VRF technology is preferable.
• Established relationships within the HVAC community in British Columbia.
• Proven ability to develop and assist consulting engineers with mechanical HVAC building design based on equipment supply.
• Strong business development acumen with ability to deliver compelling training presentations for sales, product features and benefits, as well as system design are essential to this position.
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities with proven negotiating and influencing skills.
• Standing member of APEGBC preferred.
• Standing member of ASHRAE and LEED certification is an asset.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Attention to details.
• Ability to work and succeed in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
• Work requires travel to current and potential clients, involves the possession of a valid state driver’s license and the ownership and use of a reliable car.
Travelling to Toronto headquarter might be required for quarterly meetings, training, products launching events
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
5+ years’ experience working with HVAC Systems - chillers and heat pumps.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
HVAC Commercial product lines
Excellent compensation package including bonus (based on attainable targets), sales commissions, and benefits package including RRSP, Dental and Medical.
Permanent, Full Time
Deborah Milo, Managing Director
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Deborah Milo: http://stoakley.com/meet-deborah-milo/
HVAC, HVAC sales, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Sales, Gas furnaces, air conditioners, boilers, heat pumps, roof top units, unit heaters, gas hot water tanks, tankless water heaters, and chillers.
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result, we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities.
Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity.
Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture.
By you (“the applicant”) submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. (“SSC”) the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant’s personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC’s clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant’s qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant’s verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart